The Sales Manager is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the Sales department, including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership for the broadcast/web sales teams, to include performance evaluations.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, national, eMedia and new product revenue.
- Drives new business development.
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting.
- Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals.
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
- Manages Accounts Receivable.
- Calls on accounts with Account Executives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum three years’ experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Nexstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply at: Nexstar.tv