NonStop Local Missoula is hiring a full-time Anchor for our regional and statewide newscasts streaming platform. Come join our team in beautiful Missoula, Montana connecting with our communities across the state while telling the stories of the day. You’ll be an anchor on our evening newscasts and a key contributor to our NonStop Local streaming content. Missoula is a diverse, growing University town in Montana with access to many outdoor and cultural activities. This is one of the most highly sought-after places to live in the U.S. We are looking for a creative storyteller with solid shooting and editing skills. A successful candidate must be motivated, ambitious, and hardworking. They must be organized and able to meet daily deadlines. Competitive salary & benefits. Come join a progressive, growing, multi-cultural newsroom in one of the most beautiful regions in the U.S. This is a great place to learn and grow in a community that supports and believes in local journalism!
An anchor for our family-owned company is expected to share in the same baseline job description. You will report directly to the News Director, who will decide scheduling, evaluate your performance relative to the job description, and assist with your franchise development, which is unique to you. Our operation is based on a story-centric workflow. That means we prioritize story treatment across a variety of platforms, from our linear broadcasts, to our streaming services, as well as social media and our digital properties.
Baseline Job Description:
• Serve as “face” of the station, presenting news in a conversational style from the studio and from the scene of big stories.
• Anchors will be required to execute deadline-driven content on any existing or future media platform CMMC (Cowles Montana Media Company) supports.
• Breaking news is our bread and butter. Anchors are expected to guide and cover breaking news coverage in a smooth, cohesive way especially when ad-libbing.
• Anchors must be capable of working in a self-directed environment; whether developing local contacts, enterprising stories and reporting from their own franchise.
• Our anchors are reflective of the communities we serve. We look for authentic personalities who have the ability to connect with the audience regardless of platform and influence their newsroom colleagues through leading by example.
• A competitive passion to win and openness to innovation is mandatory!
• Our anchor is someone passionate about promoting our products through their connection with the social media audience.
• An active newsroom leader who sets an example by visibly supporting and enhancing the work to improve and expand the viewer/user experience on all platforms.
• Represent station/company at a variety of events. These will likely occur outside of the regular workday.
What You Bring (If we hire for this job: these are the qualifications of an ideal candidate):
• Strong leadership skills.
• Availability for big breaking news coverage on unassigned shift.
• Smooth/pleasant delivery authentic to the viewers we serve.
• Strong writing skills and news judgment.
• Sharp video shooting and editing skills.
• Exemplary communication skills.
• Strong "in-the-field and live" skills.
• Exceptional written communications skills using a conversational writing style.
• Strong editorial judgment and a proven ethical foundation.
• An above-average, demonstrable knowledge of television newscast production techniques and television news writing is very helpful.
• 3 years of on-air experience at a live commercial media outlet preferred.
This is an exempt employee based on the creative professional qualification that the employee’s primary duty must be the performance of work requiring invention, imagination, originality or talent in a recognized field of artistic or creative endeavor. This person is responsible for managing personnel and editing their work. Several anchors fall under the "highly compensated employee" provision.
How to apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter, references, and link to your reel (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org or to KTMF-TV 2200 Stephens Avenue, Missoula, MT 59801. Cowles Montana Media is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.