The Content and Brand Producer directs and produces original, high quality, video content for broadcast on MontanaPBS and across the station’s digital distribution platforms. Content produced will include short-form promotion, marketing, and underwriting related to local, regional and national programs and initiatives. The Content & Brand Producer provides management of the MontanaPBS visual image and brand, ensuring unity and quality across on-air, digital, and print platforms. Additionally, the Producer will create long-form programs that may include documentary, news/public affairs, performance and/or lifestyle content that engages statewide audiences and raises MontanaPBS’ profile by competing for regional and national awards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and produce high quality, timely, and impactful programming covering a wide range of lengths and topics, ensuring high editorial and creative standards.
• Collaborate with and provide content production and leadership for a diverse group of teams including digital marketing, traffic, outreach, education, and development.
• Serve as the lead producer for promotion of programs and mission priorities across all platforms using traditional and emerging promotional tactics.
• Serve as the lead producer for high quality and effective fundraising and underwriting content, including live pledge productions and underwriting spots.
• Under the supervision of the Director of Production, manage the portfolio of MontanaPBS brands and visual identities across multiple platforms, including on-air, digital, and print.
• Develop, maintain, and implement promotional and marketing strategies to strengthen the image of MontanaPBS as a truly local service embedded with the trusted national PBS brand.
• Hire, supervise, define procedures and work objectives for a student technical crew.
• Supervise, maintain and provide recommendations for upgrades to a variety of equipment, including camera & lighting packages and post-production edit suites, in addition to effective and organized long term archiving schemes and equipment.
For complete job announcement and application procedures, click here: https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/17330
Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans/Disabled
1. Bachelor’s degree in film & television, broadcast journalism, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Progressively responsible professional television production work experience.
3. Demonstrated professional experience applying broadcast television theory and practice including effective directing, writing, shooting, editing, lighting and audio recording and mixing, both in field and studio-based environments.
4. Demonstrated professional experience in effective motion and print graphic design, brand management and marketing strategies, including proficient use of industry standard digital tools and software.
5. Demonstrated creative editing and compelling story-telling skills with an emphasis on image, visual identity and branding.
6. Comprehensive, professional knowledge of traditional and emerging public relations and marketing tools.
7. Proficiency in social media platforms.