Job Contact: Colter Brown
Northern Ag Network is the primary source of information that farmers and ranchers trust for agricultural news and market information. We produce approximately 20 different radio and television programs each weekday and broadcast them to 60 radio stations and 10 TV stations.
Our website, NorthernAg.NET provides an online source of information as the region’s most popular ag website. Producers know that if something happens in the ag world that will affect their business, they’ll hear about it first on the Northern Ag Network.
Our mission is to truly serve our audience, affiliate stations and clients; enriching their lives, and empowering the success of their business and their industry.
We firmly believe that our future depends on serving agriculture, and helping producers make informed business decisions to ensure their success.
• Personally produce and voice daily agricultural programs
• Research news stories and conduct interviews that are of value to Ag
• Produce content that can be multipurposed to radio, TV and website
• Support sales team by providing voiceovers for commercials
• Maintain relationships with staff and management at affiliate stations
• Participate in public appearances to promote our region’s ag industry
• Minimum of 2 years work experience and college degree.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Deep desire to serve others and make a difference in their lives.
• Experience, either personal or professional, in working with and serving agricultural producers.
• Must be able to research, develop, write, and produce accurate reports and stories.
• Good understanding of production agriculture and ag markets is required.
• Self-Driven with the ability to exercise independent judgment in the selection of stories.
• Strong public speaking experience
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented atmosphere.
• Outstanding work ethic and time management skills.
• Strong computer skills – Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Facebook.
• Comfort with utilizing and troubleshooting new technology.
• Workplace is located at Company Headquarters at 600 1st Ave. North in Billings, MT
• Frequent travel may be necessary
• Full-time position includes health, dental and vision coverage as well as 401K match.
• Opportunity for career development will be based on individual’s commitment and abilities, but could include advancement in marketing and management.
Northern Broadcasting System is an equal opportunity employer.