This senior-level Director develops and implements the strategic technology plan for Montana’s statewide public television service. The Director of Technology provides leadership to the station’s Engineering staff and manages the broadcast and information systems necessary to bring educational and entertaining programs to Montana PBS viewers.
- Serve as Montana PBS’s chief broadcast and operations technology strategist, working with staff across all departments to maintain, upgrade, and grow Montana PBS services for statewide viewers
- Supervise and manage technology in the Network Operations Center, Satellite Operations Center, Transmitter Sites, TV Studio and Engineering department
- Leverage new technologies, such as NextGen TV (ATSC 3.0), as well as emerging digital platforms to reach new audiences.
- Serve as primary liaison with national PBS Technology leadership to ensure timely implementation of upgrades and new technologies or products at a local level
- Oversee support of general station IT needs, including desktop computers, networked devices, and servers
- Serve as primary liaison with university facility managers, external technology partners, equipment vendors and systems integrators
- Lead technical planning, budgeting and implementation for broadcast and operations construction projects
- Serve as principal investigator for federal and/or private technology grants
- Create, defend, and manage annual technology and operation budgets
- Negotiate contracts, make purchasing decisions, and submit required reporting to internal and external entities
- Foster and maintain beneficial partnerships within the commercial and non-commercial Montana broadcasting community
- Develop long-term capital budget plan for technology replacement and growth into new communities
Starting pay $90,000 annually and up, commensurate with experience, education and qualifications.
See more about the job and the required qualifications by CLICKING HERE.