The Montana Broadcasters Association currently funds a number of scholarships for students majoring in broadcasting, media, advertising, engineering, journalism or related fields. MBA Scholarships are available to students attending any accredited Montana state college, university, or college of technology in the aforementioned disciplines. Some scholarships are attached to specific disciplines, i.e. broadcast journalism, broadcast engineering, while others are specific to particular schools or geographic regions depending on the desires of the donors.
Here's a rundown of the scholarships:
- The Montana Broadcasters Association/Joe Durso, Jr. Memorial Scholarship is presented each spring at Dean Stone Night, the University of Montana School of Journalism's awards banquet. Durso was a former MBA board member and chair of the Radio-Television Department at UM who died unexpectedly in 1998. The scholarship is awarded to an outstanding U-M junior majoring in Broadcast Journalism.
- The MBA is devoted to greater diversity in broadcast operations across the state. The Montana Broadcasters Association Diversity Scholarship is available to students attending any two-year or four-year college or university in the state.
- The MBA offers a scholarship to any Montana student interested in broadcast engineering.
- The MBA matches scholarships given by local organizations to students interested in broadcasting. The Great Falls Broadcasters Association awards scholarships to college students from North Central Montana while the Billings Broadcasters Scholarship is awarded to a Montana State University-Billings student.
- If you're a current Montana radio or television broadcaster interested in management training, the MBA offers scholarships to the National Association of Broadcasters Executive Development Seminar in Washington, D.C.
- The deadline for receipt of all scholarship applications is February 28th of each year.